My club Evolution Jeep Alliance took a trip out to Colorado for two weeks of wheeling. This jack I had purchased at the All Breeds Jeep Show just for this trip. It ended up being the best investment I made. It was used to rebuild 3 axle shafts, diagnose a bad wheel sensor and rebuild two trailer wheel bearings. With onboard air and power tanks we lifted everything easily.
Car Lift Safety Tips
So, you finally decided on the best car lift for your home garage.
After you’ve chosen the right lift for your needs, and maybe you even had the expert team at ADVANTAGE LIFTS come out to your property to help you with delivery and installation, it’s time to start reaping the numerous benefits of owning a car lift.
However, before you get lifted, there are a few things you need to know first.
In this blog, we’ll be laying out a number of car lift safety tips to make sure both you and
your vehicle are protected while using the lift.
Need to have a professionally trained automotive lift inspection performed? Contact ADVANTAGE LIFTS today to see how we can help.
Here are a few car lift safety tips that every lift owner should know.
As soon as your lift has been delivered, assembled, and installed, it’s time to inspect this heavy duty piece of machinery to make sure that everything is in working order.
The last thing you want is to have your car fall off the lift, risking damage to the car itself, your garage floor, and even yourself.
An automotive lift inspection should cover all of the necessary components of your lift, including:
- Full functionality test, including moving the lift up and down, hold, shut-offs, and proper orientation
- Examine the structural components for signs of fatigue, misuse, overloading
- Test the safety latches and springs
- Test and adjust the cables, arm lock adjustments, sliding block, screws/bolts/nuts, floor anchors, and fastening devices
- Check electrical components
However, there are a few more safety guidelines to go over, as highlighted by the ALI.
Lift Safety Checklist
When using and operating your lift, both ADVANTAGE LIFTS and the ALI recommend that you follow all of the manufacturer’s information to ensure that you are properly and safely using your lift at all times.
Some additional recommended safety precautions include:
- Inspect your lift for wear/fatigue daily
- Use only OEM replacement parts when repairs are necessary
- Never overload the unit’s lift capacity
- Never lift a vehicle while a person is inside
- Keep the lift area free from debris, litter, and clutter
- Always ensure the locking devices are engaged before working under the vehicle and/or lift
- Always raise the lift to the recommended lifting points
- Be sure materials are removed from under the vehicle before lowering
- Prevent instability with supplementary stands when necessary
Shop ADVANTAGE LIFTS today and get lifted!
We have the experience, know-how, and customer service you can count on for any automotive lift situation. Looking for the best car storage lifts for your home?